Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I AM ENGAGED!

As of last night, Tuesday, March 13th, I am engaged to the love of my life, Derek Jordan Howard! I am the happiest girl in the world and am so excited to have the priviledge of spending the rest of my life with the man that I love!

Here is the story: Derek came over for supper, and then we discussed our plans for the evening. He wanted to do something, and not just stay in because it was a beautiful day out. I saw him go and talk to my dad. . . and then the thought crossed my mind, "hmmm, I know what they're talking about, but when will it happen? not tonight. It's a weeknight, and I don't think he even has the ring yet." With that, we got ready and headed down to South Street in Philly. We walked up and down and stopped at Cosi's, a cute little coffee shop. We enjoyed some desserts together and decided to walk around Penns Landing. It was getting pretty late at this point, and my feet were a bit tired from teaching all day and walking around all night. We sat down beside the river, looked at the lights on the boats and bridges and enjoyed the beautiful weather. After a little while, Derek asked me if I wanted gum. You're probably thinking, why is gum so important to this story, but you'll see why in a minute. Derek hands me the orbit gum pack. I open it up and it felt hard on the one side. I told him that there was something stuck in the pack. He looks in and realizes that the ring he tried to hide in the gum pack for me to find, I had got it stuck. Well, he got it out and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! And of course I said yes:o)

We are getting married July 28, 2007. . . so save the date! Here are some pics of us last night and my ring!

19 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Sharon that's so exciting. And I can't believe I get to be the first one to congratulate you in the blog world. Wow. Congrats girl. You deserve the best! I hope you have so much fun planning your beautiful day.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, I've enjoyed stopping by every now and then and seeing how things are going for you. I am so excited for you. You guys are so cute!!! Happy planning!! Have a fabulous day.
Carla

Matt & Nicki said...

Congratulations Sharon-I am very happy for you!

Kelli said...

Congratulations! I knew it would be coming sooner or later. I love the pictures of you two and your ring is beautiful!! I am very happy for you. Try to pay attention at school! =)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Sharon!

Jenny O said...

well just wanted to congratulate you on here too!!! ;-) Thanks for the pics! It's beautiful!!! ;-) See ya soon! Happy for you!

juliechall said...

Congrats Sharon - I'm super pumped for you. Marriage is the best thing ever. I'll look forward to hearing about everything!
Julie

Jen and Mark said...

hey there - so the ring in beautiful. :) and so are the pictures!!! :) congratulations - we (the three of us - well i guess all 4 of us have been waiting awhile for this day!!!:) )

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Sharon!!! That's awesome!! Keep in touch!

carissa said...

yeah!!!!! congratulations. you look beautiful.

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a funny cute story about the ring stuck in the gum. That's one you'll be telling to your grandkids. :) Oh my, you don't have much time to plan a wedding! Have a wonderful time planning and preparing!

Ken & Jen Schmidt said...

Congratulations, Sharon! I am so excited for you! Happy planning - the time will go by so quickly! Enjoy every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

SHARON!!!!!! WOW!!!!! So happy for you and Derek! Congrats!!! Will have to run up to you tomorrow at church to get a glimpse of the ring!!! Again, Congrats!!! Now the fun planning part!!
Kristan

Laura said...

woo hoo! Score! congratulations Sharon!

ruth said...

Hey, Sharon, Congratulations! Penn's Landing is such a romantic spot to get engaged. (But I'm a little partial, since that's where I got engaged, too!) Enjoy this time of engagement and wedding planning! It goes so fast and so slow at the same time!

-Ruth (Johnson) Valiante

FranknSteph said...

So . . . now you're engaged and you've stopped blogging? ;p

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

Uh, yeah, we know that already!! So how about some NEW news???? :o)

Anonymous said...

Sharon---I know you are still alive---I just saw you this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

ANY NEW NEWS ???????