Monday, January 29, 2007

a scattering

Here is a little update since I am not so good at keeping my blog updated. Life has been crazy busy as usual. Between teaching, coaching and maintaining any kind of relationship outside of school, I have been completely overwhelmed at times with all that is on my plate. God has been showing me a lot of things recently. One, not to focus on my circumstances. When life seems to be overwhelming and I feel like giving up, God is always there. It's so easy to get caught up emotionally in all that is seemingly wrong in life, when I feel like there is no time to refocus. The only reason I feel like there is no time, is because I do not make the time.

Second, is learning to obey and respect those God has placed over me, when I feel like they single me out or "have it out to get you". God has people in my life where they need to be to teach me what I need to learn, I just have to trust that God knows in spite of how I feel towards them.

Life just keeps coming at me, but God knows what he is doing. He brings friends in to encourage you and His word to rebuke and exhort you. I just got to keep plodding along the path and look towards the goal, rather than the here and now.

I wanted to thank my friends for putting up with me these past couple weeks. I also wanted to thank Derek for being such a wonderful boyfriend in directing my focus back to where it needed to be!

On a lighter note, here are some pics!

This is a pic of Derek and Nathan eating ice cream at Coldstone for Luke Forman's Birthday!Look we match! Gray hoodies, and black shirts. . . we are also wearing blue jeans, but that didn't make the pic!
Derek needed assistance to reach the water fountain!Last, but not least, here is a picture of our "family". Derek and I decided we are going to adopt little "Ray-Ray" when we get married and move to Hawaii!

6 comments:

FranknSteph said...

Praying for you, Sharon Joy!

Hey - when you have a spare minute - we need to go out or you come over to catch up. It's been crazy lately!

Anonymous said...

hey sharon. found your name on katie's blog. you look like you're doing great!

Anonymous said...

www.bgash.info-

Unknown said...

You're right, God is totally sovereign. He's not just plopped us into circumstances or under people randomly - all of those events and authority figures are purposely placed there as a part of your sanctification story! I know, easy for me to say . . . it's much harder to live that and believe that.

So, you're getting married and moving to Hawaii? Lucy, you have some esplaining to do . . .

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

And when, exactly, are you getting married??? :o) Funny how you mention it as a kind-of side note, but it is what everyone will pick out :o)

Praying for you - I was telling Joe that since you have Derek, you don't call me anymore! Glad for you that you have him (that's how it should be!), but now I don't know what's going on anymore! :o) Love you!

Jen and Mark said...

hey - i agree with your sister...no more panicy phone calls!!! :) hang in there. i pray for you everyday!!! i understand the crazy life completely!!! :) looking forward to seeing you soon - probably after b-ball season which the countdown to the end of is on my blog!!! :)