Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Christmas and New Years

It's been quite some time since I have been able to post anything here on my blog. So I decided to put off grading and post a little something.

I spent Christmas down in Florida with Derek's family where I met his family for the first time. We had a grand old time, and I enjoyed my first 83 degree Christmas! It definitely did not feel like Christmas, but it was enjoyable to see palm trees lit up with Christmas lights.

The picture to the right is on new years day about 5sh in the morning. . . we all stayed up til around 8 am playing games and cooking/eating breakfast at Jaimer's apartment. We brought in the new year down in Philadelphia watching the fireworks and Penns Landing. . . the first time I have ever done that, even though I've lived in this area my whole life!

While I was in Florida, I went with Derek and his family to Tarpon Springs, which is a little greek community on the bay. The picture to the left is Derek lifting a stingray out of the water at the aquarium in that town. . . which he got in trouble for because a little kid told on him. The picture to the right is of Derek "leap-frogging" over his brother Aaron. His dad is in the background with a concerned expression on his face.


Here is a pic of Derek's siblings and myself at the aquarium in front of the petting tank. From left to right: Aaron, Derek, me, Rachel, and Miriam.

The rest of the pictures are of Derek and myself at various places around the Tampa area. I really did enjoy meeting his family and having the time away from school.







6 comments:

Kelli said...

Wow, Christmas in Florida! That was very different from our snowy Christmas in Colorado. Glad things went well with meeting Derek's family.

Jen and Mark said...

looks like you had a lot of fun. i'm glad that it went well.

Ken & Jen Schmidt said...

Hi Sharon -

I am so excited to find your blog. I'm so happy for you and Derek. It sounds like meeting his family went well! I bet it was weird with the 83 degree Christmas, huh?!

Katie Barker said...

You guys look like you had a great time - did you get any fun presents?

Rob and Gretchen said...

Hey Shar,
I can't seem to get in touch with you very often, so I'm posting. I'm so glad you had such a great Christmas with Derek. It sounds like everything is going so well for you and I'm really happy for you!

Love,
Gretchen

FranknSteph said...

Are you getting emails yet or is it still down?