Wednesday, June 01, 2005

My trip to Wisconsin. . .


wisconsin-hick
Originally uploaded by sharjoy18.
So I tried to pick an appropriate picture to go along with my trip, and this one gave me the biggest chuckle. It definitely describes how those Wisconsinites talk. . . they're a different breed all on their own.

My trip was so much fun. I love travelling and catching up with old college buddies, and this trip had a little bit of both. It wasn't as depressing driving on campus of NBBC, because I wasn't under all the rules as a student. It was actually quite liberating to wear jeans around campus and in the class buildings.

All the girls in the wedding went to Peir's Gorge for a picnic on saturday, then we met up with the rest of the wedding party and relatives for a bombfire at the Coat's house. It was so relaxing!

Julie and Rob's wedding was beautiful, and they had an absolutely gorgeous day for pictures as well. One of the bridesmaids fainted and fell off the stage, which provided some extra drama for the whole event. I did feel horrible for the poor bridesmaid, but looking back it is actually quite humurous.

The whole trip was quite relaxing, and I enjoyed being in the middle of nowhere. I don't think I could live out there, but to visit a quiet and serene place for a few days was definitely a blessing.

No comments: