Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A week into summer vacation. . .


Last Day 2
Originally uploaded by sharjoy18.
Well, it is officially a week into summer vacation and I feel like it's been a month! The picture is of my class on the last day of school, right before lunch, awards and parties. One of students is hiding behind a desk. . . gotta love that 5th grade humor:o)

The last couple days of school went by quickly, from there I haven't really slowed down. I have had follow up teacher stuff, and actually have been catching up on my social life. There's nothing like summer break. I am so thankful God brought me to a job where I have one. Now, I know all of you non-teachers think that it would be sooo easy to be a teacher and have summer breaks. . . but after pulling 10-16 hour days all school year long, I think a little rest is needed to be ready for the next batch of cherubs to enter my classroom.

Tomorrow I head down to Ocean City for a couple days vacation with my family (who is already down there). I waited to go down because Jen Ostergard was here visiting, and I wanted to hang out with her while she was here. On a side note, Jen met her long lost twin, Anna Munro, this weekend at our camp. . . both of them freaked out when they saw each other. I'll post pictures later of both of them. . . it's really uncanny how similiar they are.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Enjoy your summer vacation, Sharon! I am sure you need the break. Have fun with your family!

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you about teacher's needing their summers to recoup. I always cherished the non-kid time and loved sleeping in during lazy summer days. have a blast with your family in Ocean City! Hope you win at the slot machines . . .