Thursday, June 01, 2006

light at the end of the tunnel

I only have 3 more school days left! I am sooooo excited to have summer break and a little rest and relaxation. Things have been super busy, but good. Just the usual ending of the year whatnot. Since it was my first year teaching Elementary, things seemed to take me a little longer.

Last week I flew down to Florida on Wednesday evening to help Mark and Jen Corbin move up to this area. While in the airport waiting to board after a long delay, I then realized why we were stuck at the gate. Air Force One was at Philly airport so nothing could land or take off while it was there. I'd like to think that George W. waved at me through the window. . . but I doubt it:o) Anyway, Thursday morning we started the long drive back to PA with a train of moving vans and cars. We arrived back in PA early Saturday morning around 1 am. We probably would have arrived earlier, but we hit a 10 mile back up due to an overturned tractor trailer in Morresville, North Carolina. All in all the trip went smoothly, but by the end I was ready to not be in a car for a good long time.

No comments: