Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Back to School

First day back to school is always CRAZY! Besides only getting 2 1/2 hours of sleep the night before, I have a class of 8 boys and get this . . . only 1 girl. The actual day seemed to run smoothly, which was a blessing.

After school there was a soccer game which I had to coach cheerleading for. It would not have been so bad, if it wasn't raining the whole time. I was pretty much a wet, frozen popsicle by the end. It probably did not help that my classroom is freezing due to woman going through "that mid-life time" controlling the temperature, so I started off cold. Needless to say, I had to put on a long sleeve shirt and sweatshirt to warm up after the game.

2 comments:

Matt & Nicki said...

Sharon,
Your post made me laugh--it brings back memories of teaching fourth grade and I too had to endure the freezing classroom b/c of a teacher going through that same time of life.:)
nicole(carbo)tolosa-in case you were wondering who this was from

Jen and Mark said...

well - i'm glad to hear that your day went well. we have a game tomorrow so - it should be interesting. only 100 something days to go!! can't wait for the weekend.