Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Here's the long awaited pic!


Derek and Sharon 1
Originally uploaded by sharjoy18.
Here is a picture of Derek and me at a bonfire we had friday night. We are officially dating for a week and a day now. I can not say how amazing it is to see God in all of this. I was not looking for a relationship, and I think my words were "I'm not in the the mood for a relationship". God totally dropped it on my lap which is the most exciting part. There are so many little things that God worked out, which gives me that peace knowing that it is totally of the Lord (and not of girly manipulation. . . as all girls know about). As I was telling my friend Rebeka, I was in a man-hating funk and if what I was seeing and experiencing from guys around me (minus my family), I did not want to get married ever. Derek definitely took me out of that funk. I realize that there are good Godly guys out there, and God has given me one of them.

8 comments:

Jen and Mark said...

yeah!!!! i'm so glad for you sharon. can't wait to meet him in person!

Jen and Mark said...

he does look 19 - ha ha!!!

Kelli said...

You guys look great together! I am so happy for you...
I was the same way with Heston, not really looking, but God brough Him to me...Remember our little talk in the coffee shop? That was 4 1/2 years ago!! Wow, how time flies!!

Sharon said...

Kelli! I do remember talking you sooooo long ago about Heston. . . man that makes me feel so old:o)

Anonymous said...

Sharon!!!! I am exstatic!!! This past year has been a huge blessing just watching God work in my life and now in yours! I'm SO THANKFUL we were patient for GOD'S BEST!

Keep me updated with all the details cuz I LOVE them all!!:-)!

Katie Barker said...

Yay, I'm super happy for you too. I can't wait to hear more about your "love life" ! heheh

Christina said...

I see how it is! You get yourself a boyfriend and we never hear from you again! Hello, what happened to calling me back??!! I need my friends...

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon!
Congrats! It was good to stumble across your sight and hear about what you've been up to! Tell Tim and Dana that we said hello and maybe we'll stop by the next time we are in PA! We would love to see you guys again!

Chastity