Monday, April 03, 2006

more random thoughts


5th Grade 002
Originally uploaded by sharjoy18.
This picture is of 2 of my fifth grade girls at recess. It's finally getting warmer out here in PA, although today was a bit of a chiller for April. It was a little rainy out today. It wasn't temperature cold, but rather of a cut right through you chill due to the dampness in the air. I did survive my recess duty, but tomorrow might be a different story. . . just kidding.

Tomorrow we start Standford Achievement Tests. . . yipee! Well, hopefully all will go smoothly. I am glad that I am not the one filling in all those little circles anymore:o) There are 3 homeschool boys coming in to join our class, which will change the whole dynamic of the class. There are only 5 boys in my class, so those 5 boys are very excited to have these boys around. The 12 girls in my class were a little disappointed to say the least to find out all three homeschoolers coming in were boys. Boys still have cooties to most of them.

As I teach I remember the good old days of elementary school when I was a young gal. How I loved snack time and recess! Who could forget the birthday treats brought in and the little parties through out the year to celebrate various assundry holidays! There is nothing like the innocence of childhood, compared to being an adult and how we complicate our own lives. Oh to go back and revel in the days of no responsibility, but I guess there weren't too many priviledges either:o)

2 comments:

Tyararr J. Jones said...

Growing Old is uncontrollable
Being young at heart is a choice
Growing up is optional
Being responsible is mandatory
Reflecting on our childhood is a little blessing
Working with kids and seeing them grow is breathtaking
Working with kids and seeing them smile is priceless

Kelli said...

I loved elementary school! I thought I was big stuff when I was in 6th grade...sometimes I wish those carefree days back, but like you said, back then you didn't get much freedome! Have fun teaching today! Don't freeze at recess!