Wednesday, November 15, 2006

almost vacation. . . some random pics. . . and a lack of motivation










I am posting some random pictures because I haven't taken any too recently. The picture on the left is of Melissa thacker and myself when she was here in PA a few weeks ago. The picture on the right is of Jaime, Becky and myself at Applebees celebrating Nathan Branine's birthday.

I can tell its almost vacation time. . . the students are overly excitable and I have a serious lack of motivation to keep up with grading and other whatnot like that. Only one week to go til thanksgiving vacation! I'm heading up to our family's mountain house in upstate PA for a few days to spend with the fam. My sister, Sarah, and her family are coming in from Indiana for Thanksgiving as well. Most likely Derek will come along with me, which I am excited about:o) Frank, my brother-in-law, decided that we should play a football game while we're at the mountains. . . in-laws vs. jordans. . . yeah, the teams would be a bit lopsided. Jordans as a whole do not have an over-abundance of athletic ability to pull from (to put it nicely). What are you all doing for Thanksgiving?



Here is another pic of my nephew, Luke. It's his typical "take a picture of me" pose. I know this post is jumping from one topic to the next, but as stated in the title. . . I have a lack of motivation due to the upcoming (and well-needed) vacation. . . which leads to complete randomness and using any excuse to get of my grading for the time being.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke is SO ADORABLE!! I haven't seen him in forever!!!

Thanksgiving! I get to help my sister Sara pack... she's moving- AGAIN!!! The following week I get to see Joe;-)!

Have fun up at the cabin- especially with D-rek!!;-)

Matt & Nicki said...

Football with the Jordan family sounds like fun--wish I could be there to watch:) Give your sister Sarah a hug for me.

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

Hey! I feel like a celebrity being mentioned in your blog and all!! That football game actually sounds like a lot of fun - although I don't know how Dana would feel about being on the all-male team, or Timmy the opposite - Maybe Stephen can sub in since he doesn't have an in-law to contribute yet :o) I don't know, we may have a chance - sure, not much by way of athletic ability, but we can bite, kick and scratch with the best of them! Can't wait to see you next week and, hopefully, meet Derek!

Kelli said...

Hope you have a GREAT thanksgiving break. The mountain house sounds like a lot of fun!! Have fun with Derek.

juliechall said...

Hey Girl,
I enjoyed the update on your life - especially the one about Derek. I'll have to give you a call to hear the story. Life is good here!
Julie