Monday, November 20, 2006

just a few more days

Just a few more days until Thanksgiving vacation and I can't wait for the rest and relaxation. In the meantime, I thought I would post a little something on my blog. On the left is a picture of Audrey, my niece, wearing an outift I bought for her. On the right, is Luke, Audrey's brother, posing for the camera as usual. These pics were taken after a teen activity we had on friday night. The activity was called "The Hidden" and it challenges the teens to be visible rather than hidden when it comes to their witness to Christ. We went through different eras and different areas of the world were Christians are severly persecuted for their faith. The final scene was modern America, and asked the teens if they had to, would they be visible for their faith or would they remain hidden. They heard clips of TV commercials and celebrities putting down Christianity in America, calling Christians irrational and other various such things. It was very emotional and brought things into perspective.

This picture is after the activity as well. . . Luke and I making our silly faces for the camera:o)

The picture of the roses is from Saturday. Derek and I celebebrated our 2 month dating anniversary. Since we could not hang out in the evening, he took me out to lunch and spent the afternoon together. That night I had to babysit, so he came over to keep me company after he was done bowling with his friend, Brian. I am amazed at how God has been working in both of our lives and how I can see God's hand in our relationship.

4 comments:

Jen and Mark said...

we are so excited for you guys - wow 2 months it doesn't feel like that long. ;) enjoy your break - i know that i will enjoy mine. :)

FranknSteph said...

Hey, Sharon Joy!

Can you email me the pic of Audrey?
When I try to take pictures of her, she tries to grab the camera!

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

That is a really good/cute picture of Audrey!!

Christina said...

Wow! Two months, how sweet. Before you know it, it will be two years (wink wink) and you will be wondering where the time has flown. I'm happy for you. Enjoy your time dating and getting to know each other, cuz if things work out, like Jen is planning, these will be precious memories. ;-)