Tuesday, November 07, 2006

mondays. . . blah!


This is a picture of my students this year. It was taken during Spirit Week on our class theme day (tropical theme). Front Row (left to right): Ryan, Julian, Scott and Luke. Back row (left to right): Melanie, Natalie, Steven, J. B., Deion and Seth. For the first month of school my class consisted of 8 boys and Natalie, but in the beginning of October Melanie came and made life a little more enjoyable for Natalie.
Now changing subjects, yesterday seemed to have been a downer for a lot of people. It was monday, first of all, and our grades were due for the first quarter by 8 am today. That would not have been a problem except that our computer system at school has been down for the past week and the grading program was not fixed until yesterday afternoon. I found myself perched here at school until 8 pm. . . did not even go home for dinner. Keep in mind I did have cheerleading practice to run from after school til 5. . . but then back to the classroom to enter grades. Derek was so sweet and brought dinner to me, which offered a well needed diversion from the task at hand. Derek had a long hard day at work as well, Jaime was overwhelmed with her workload, and a teacher friend of mine called with some frustrations that she was having. Today is seeming a lot brighter and I thank the Lord that monday is over, my grades are done, and that He gets you through the "downer" days and brings you to brighter ones!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember those stressful days! Glad your Tuesday is looking better. God is so gracious!

Christina said...

I shouldn't even tell you how my Monday went... :-(

Jen and Mark said...

well - my monday was okay - it was the wednesday that was horrible. but i feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

Ya...definitely glad that week is over!!!