Tuesday, December 06, 2005

spectacular


redwoods
Originally uploaded by sharjoy18.
How can one speak of God's spectacular creation? How can one even sum up all that God has done in creation in words? It's so hard to fathum the power of God, and yet how compassionate He is to each of us.

Ok, so it's time to be honest. I'm finding it hard to match what is in my head to what I feel in my heart. Let me explain. I have had a rough batch of relationships in my time. The last one being the worst. And as I sit here, interested in someone, but scared half to death of taking any risk at all in a relationship. I know that it takes risk in order to have a relationship, but my heart is so uneasy. Once trust is broken, it's hard to imagine trusting again. The hurt still is there, but I know that my God is greater than any hurt in any relationship that I've had. My God can heal my hurt heart.

Another area that I know the Lord is working in my heart is the area of patience in waiting for His timing. I'm so like the children of Israel. I can look back right after God works a situation out in His timing and be so grateful, then a few moments later in life I find myself discontent with God's timing once again. Like I said before, I know in my head that God's timing is perfect, but my heart is someplace else. How ignorant am I that I can't get what's in my head down to my heart?

No comments: