Tuesday, October 17, 2006

stress relief

This past week has been absolutely crazy. I am so glad that it is over, and that I am back to some sort of order in my life. From it being Spirit Week, to Homecoming, to being a mom for 2 teenagers last week (and not being able to see Derek), I was pretty overwhelmed with everything. God was good and brought me through the week as only He could.

This past weekend was a wonderful release of stress. Derek and I helped out with an investment activity for the teens where we raised money for missionaries. Each teen brings $2 and invests it to make more money, like the whole parable of the talents. Well, we had 5 Jr. High girls and we made candle votives with our money and made $110 by the end of the afternoon. It was awesome to see the response of the teens. In total the teens raised over $1,100 for the Hayes in Thailand. After the investment activity, a bunch of us had a bonfire at Derek, Nate, and Brent's house. Derek fire-breathed and we all roasted marshmallows by the fire. We had a grand old time of fun, food and fellowship!

Sunday was a usual Sunday. We have a missions emphasis month, so the Slobodians were here presenting their ministry. The part that always gets to me in missionary reports are the children. They showed a power point presentation on the statistics of homeless children in Russia and where they end up as adults. It broke my heart. It shows me how merciful and gracious God was to me.

This update was for you Jen! Sorry for being a little slack on updating my blog:o)

3 comments:

Jen and Mark said...

thanks i appreciate it! its great to know that you are still alive! :) sounds like an exciting weekend! you were a mom? :)

Sharon said...

Yes, I was a mom for two teenagers last week. I stayed at their house for a week while their parents were in California.

Kelli said...

Sharon, wow, sounds like you have been super busy!! That must be pretty cool to have a fire breathing boyfriend! Not many people can say that. Have you tried it yet?? That youth activity sounded REALLY neat! What a great thing to teach the
teens. Hope this week is a little less stressful for you!