Monday, February 06, 2006

I Corinthians 10:13


oaktree-sunset-city
Originally uploaded by sharjoy18.
"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it" (ESV). This is the verse for the week for my 5th graders to memorize. It is amazing to me how hypocritical I feel when I am teaching them this verse and yet struggle with what it says.

It is not that I do not believe that God can provide a way to escape temptation. It is the fact that I do not think that I can endure it. I personally do not want to endure anything, but I know that if I did not I would not grow closer to my Savior. It is a bitter-sweet thing. In James it says to count it a joy when trials and temptations come our way. The longer I live the more I realize that it is true. Now, I am not old and wise, but I do know how strong my relationship with the Lord is when I am in temptation and trials. It is definitely a daily struggle, if not an hourly struggle. I am always thankful after the struggle of going through the temptation that I went through it. It brings me to a point where I can only endure it because of the strength God gives me.

1 comment:

Tyararr J. Jones said...

Hey Sharon, Thanks for passing along my greeting to your brother. I got your blog address from Frappr. I am friends with Jenni. I recognized your name and thought I would pass along a greeting through you. I hope that is okay. May the Lord bless and keep you as you continue to serve and seek Him daily.