Friday, May 20, 2005

It's almost summertime:o)


crystal waters
Originally uploaded by sharjoy18.
I can not express my pure joy for summer! I will be done my first year of teaching as of June 3rd (2 weeks from today). It's a miracle that I've made it through without doing something totally stupid (no comments from the peanut gallery please!) And yes things are completely outta control and crazy busy so I've kinda let my blog fall by the wayside. Hope all my avid readers will forgive me (aka christina).

It's a rainy one out today folks, but its supposed to be warm and sunny the rest of the weekend. . . yipee:o) It's the beach for me on sunday! Yesterday was a beautiful day as well. We had a high school softball tourney and I played on the faculty team. Of course, it was complete humiliation due to my lack of athletic skills (once again no comments please). It actually wasn't that bad. I had fun and stayed where the ball did not go too much. Hitting was another issue. I did manage to at least get on base a couple times, so it wasn't a complete lost cause. The shining moment was when Dan, another PE teacher who is athletic, totally biffed it running around first base. . . I mean a total wipe-out. It gave me a good chuckle, and I figured even athletic guys biff it:o)

Now, back to what I said I was going to do on this entry. Goals for the summer:
1. go to Hawaii and learn to surf!
2. rest and relaxation
3. do so many crazy things, too crazy to mention that I will do them
4. have a splendid time and getting paid all summer not to work:o)

No comments: