Thursday, May 12, 2005

pet peeves


beach time
Originally uploaded by sharjoy18.
OK so the picture has nothing to do with what this post is about. . . It is just one of those calming pictures, and to tell you the honest truth I love the beach! There is nothing like relaxing reading a book on the beach, walking along the shoreline. . . and swimming in the ocean! Definitely one of my favorite things to do. . .

So back to the matter at hand. . . I have to say that I've been gathering quite a few number of pet peeves, so to speak. One of which came up yesterday. . .
1. Someone leaving a critical comment or note without having the guts to leave their name. People do that to my dad as their pastor more than I think they should. If you have some constructive criticism, have the stinkin guts to leave your name, otherwise you are no better than the person you are criticizing!
2. Another pet peeve would be when people are nice to you due to just pure obligation or who you are related to. I say if you don't like me, than you don't have to feel bad for me and do things with me. . . just be who you truly are. And don't try and impress my dad or my grandfather by being nice to me only when they are around. . .
3. OK so this pet peeve kinda goes along with #2. No schmoozing. I really don't mind if you schmooz other people, actually I find it quite humurous, but I absolutely hate it when people try and schmooz me over. Well, mostly if their my friend do I hate it. Students try and kiss-up all the time, and I just laugh and think their really not getting anywhere with their schmoozing. Nothing is more annoying though or frustrating than not knowing how someone truly feels about you because they "sugar-coat" everything for you like you couldn't handle it or something. . . I say get real and just say it, especially if your asked to.
4. This is not a major pet peeve, but it does drive me insane at times. When somebody calls you cranky when your not. . . all I can think is I wasn't cranky until you said I was. . .

That is the list of my pet peeves. . . Don't ask me why I felt like posting them. . . I just felt the spirit.

No comments: