Friday, May 13, 2005

mmmm. . . friday!


starbucksfrap
Originally uploaded by sharjoy18.
I love coffee! I am in dier need of a coffee fix! Its finally friday, but I am always so tuckered out by the end of the week. I think it has something to do with the mere fact of dealing with jr. highers all week in school and in youth group. I love them all, but by the end of the week I am always in need of a day free of teenagers!

Now being a teacher of Jr. Highers I often wonder how shallow their world is. Everything is about the here and now--its so hard for them to see how their actions affect their future. I guess I was the same way back then too. I am just thankful the Lord has opened my eyes to how important it is to live my life for Him. The biggest lesson I learned this past year was the fact that each day is a gift. A gift from God that I should take advantage of everyday! If I get caught up in the here and now, I miss the opportunities God has for me for that day.

Anyway, back to starbucks. . . I think I am going to find myself perched at one this weekend. . . grading 7th grade term papers (oh joy)! I have a lot of grading to do this weekend, along with my brother's graduation ceremony from seminary. But today is friday. . . and as soon as I leave this school building I won't touch anything to do with school til tomorrow (its a personal rule in order to keep myself sane).

No comments: