Wednesday, May 11, 2005

lost. . .


wrong way
Originally uploaded by sharjoy18.
So as you see, I was planning on uploading some pictures from my cell of Lui's house. . . which is a monstrousity, but I thought this sign would be more appropriate for what I am about to tell you.

I was on my way, with another teacher, Dan Birkholz, and following my father's directions. . . I take one wrong turn and eventually figure out about 5 minutes down the road that I took a wrong turn and thought I should just turn around and get back on course. . . no, no, no. . . I follow good old dan-o's advice and keep going thinking that 113 eventually hit 422. . .

And of course it did, about 15 minutes later. . .but we were no where near where we needed to be on 422. So now it is rush hour, and I am completely stuck in traffic. We, well I should just say I eventually got us back to where we were supposed to be. And by the way 422 is NOT germantown pike which is where I actually needed to be.

So the 20 minute trip turned into 2 hours. . . of course I felt extremely humiliated for taking that long to get there. The house was huge, full of marble and granite shipped in from Italy all custom made. . . even the bottom of their indoor pool was some type of marble. . .and when you drive up to the place, you think your driving up to the white house with the huge pillars in front and all!

Lui is doing well considering his immobilization. The one thing that made me feel better about going the wrong way is the fact that Lui beat Dan at some X-Box game 5 times. . .and Lui was only playing with his one hand!

The way back was a lot less eventful, despite the fact that Dan was endlessly mocking me for the long trip there. . . which in all actuality he could have avoided because once we got back to the right area I did offer to take him home first if it was getting too late for him. . .but I am glad that he came, because he did make me laugh to ease the panic that I felt inside from the whole ordeal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the big deal that his house is big? Would you like someone to post about how your house isn't? The important thing is Lui, I would think.

Sharon said...

I was just expressing my pure and utter shock at the size of the house. I am sorry that it was such an offense to you, but I don't even know who you are, so there is no point defending myself to you. I wouldn't have gone in the first place if I wasn't concerned about Lui. Or I would've given up on my venture after 2 hours of driving. . .