Thursday, March 16, 2006

another day to be thankful for


5th Grade Valentine Party
Originally uploaded by sharjoy18.
Here is a pic of my fifth graders at our Valentine's party. They were all hyped up on all kinds of sugar and enjoying each other's company. For the teacher, parties are a bit more high strung. . . a little more stress involved due to the seeming lack of control that may come. Thank the Lord my little students are well behaved and I can trust them to be under control.

Today is the Neil Beer's funeral here at Calvary. For those of you who know Josh and Jess Beers, it is their dad. He died suddenly in a car accident this past Saturday. There has seem to be a lot of sudden deaths. 3 within that one week. But it is amazing to see God work through it all. Obviously my human mind will not understand why God took such Godly and loving people away from those they minister to, but there is that perfect peace that comes when you trust Him.

I wanted to take the time to list things that I am thankful for. I know that when I become discontent I am focusing on what I desire, rather than on what I have in the Lord!

I am thankful for
1. First and foremost my relationship with the Lord. I seriously can not fathom what I would do without Him. I would have no hope, and no reason to live that is actually worth living for.
2. The unexpected blessings that come every day coming from unexpected people.
3. For my family who loves me no matter what. They love the Lord and serve Him.
4. For the sunshine today. Although it might be a bit chilly out, at least I can take the kids out for recess.
5. For the Lord working in my student's lives and allowing me to be used of Him.

I could go on and on, but soon my students will be back from band and I must be ready for their arrival:o)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sharon,
Your kids are so cute and your classroom looks great! I'm sure you are a great teacher and your students love you. I really appreciate the "Thankful" list. It was an encouragment to me.
I heard about the Beers dad. That is sad. Thankfully we can rest in the sovreignty of God. I pray the family will truly allow God's grace to comfort them at this time, knowing their father is with Him.